Saturday, July 25, 2015

Beverley Brown remembers good times as Camp Kindergarten Teacher

Beverley Brown nee Bourke points at herself on the photo which features prominently in our advertising. The photo shows Beverley walking across the kindergarten grounds holding hands with a row of migrant children in her care. Beverley said she loved the work and formed a close connection to the families whose offspring she looked after. "When I got married and left the job, I was showered with beautiful gifts." "Looking back today my years of work at the camp bring so many happy memories. I loved the job. Townsfolk would occasionally say "How can you do that sort of work, how can you put up with them (the migrant children). But I just loved the privilege of teaching them, they were a joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment